Book Delivery Service
The Aplington Library staff can deliver materials to homes within Aplington's city limits. Due to COVID-19 and to keep our staff safe, we ask that patrons please receive library staff with a mask. You will receive a call when books are ready.
This service is by request.
Adult Book Group typically meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:30 PM in the Aplington Community Center.
Call the Library or check out our Facebook page for the exact date and to find out the book being reviewed.
All are welcome to participate.
Want to start another book group for a specific age or genre?
Contact Alexis Karsjens, the library director, at 319-347-2432 or inquire at the circulation desk.
Friends of the Aplington Legion Memorial Library
Want to become a Friend of the library?
As Friends we:
- Spread the word about library programs, resources, and services
- Hold bi-annual used book sales that directly benefit the library through services, and purchasing library materials.
- Volunteer to help in the library
- Promote literacy in the community
- Sponsor special programs that make use of the library
- Organize special programs and guest speakers
- Orgnaize pop can recycling that benefits directly various technology in the library
We have various categories of membership:
- Yearly Individual ($5.00)
- Yearly Buisness ($10.00)
- Lifetime Individual ($100.00)
Your contribution is tax deductable and benefits the library through services relating to children, teen and adult programing, and so much more.
Contact the library for more information.